This whole blogger experience is incredibly new to me! I am very excited to do my first follow-on blog post honouring the The Sunshine Blogger Award.
First off I would like to thank Emma Rollason for nominating me for this post. And as I am struggling to meet personal deadlines this comes as an exciting fresh leap of inspiration: The Sunshine Blogger Award! Emma writes about a wide variety of activities and beauty tips that she loves and has a lovely clear layout.
The established Four rules for this are:
- Thank Blogger(s) who have nominated you for the blog post and link back (check!)
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you (about to do!)
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 questions . (this will be exiting! Because I am such a curious person, I love finding out new things about folk)
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or blog
When I am starting something new I like clear and concise instructions on what to do and how to do it. Especially when it is an establishment that is not your own – guidelines are a blessing!
And now time for answering the first 11 questions…
- Are You A Spontaneous Blogger Or Do You Plan Ahead And Schedule?
I am a bit of both. I try to plan ahead but usually I prefer to be spontaneous. My first blog post was very planned ahead and it went through a lot of edits – because I wanted it to be perfect! However the Little Plum (one of my favourite bloggers) gave me some really good advice – to not stress to much over it. I want genuine followers to engage with me because they like my content and my voice just as I am not the edited version of myself. However I digress…. again! My blogs can be planned ahead when I digress or go off on tangents… the tangents I go off on are usually meaty enough for their own blog posts. I have a couple of half started blog posts already from tangents!
- What Hobby Would You Get Into If Time And Money Wasn’t An Issue?
This is a very hard question for me to answer – I have too many! There are a lot of hobbies that I would love to focus on but there is not enough time in the day for me to explore them all. Once I do something I like to be the best I can be and if I can not give it 100% then I usually give up! The top ones would have to be horse-riding, pole dancing, learning Spanish, dancing in general (the waltz, salsa, hip hop etc), singing and Piano.
- Where Is Your Dream Destination to Visit?
Realistically California, San Francesco and LA, I am a massive fan of american tv shows so I would love to visit these places. OR in my fantasy land I would go to Bali, Maldives and Dubai – I say fantasy land because from what I hear these places are only great to visit when you are loaded – which I am not.
- Are You A Night Owl Or An Early Bird?
Definitely a Night Owl. I like the night, it is so quiet and serene… although when I have watched a scary movie it is awful and scary ahaha. (I am a massive wuss!)
- What Is Your Proudest Moment/Achievement To Date?
It is two-fold: getting a Distinction in my postgrad and wining the Best Dissertation Prize out of everyone in my course. I was so shocked and happy to win … as the course leader believed in me enough to allow me onto the course (I did not have the grades to get into a postgrad but my life experience helped me!). She was adamant that I should be happy with a merit (which I expected and would have been so happy for a merit pass!) but to get a distinction and this award meant the world to me; that being diagnosed with Dyslexia did not hinder me.
- Who Inspires You and why?
Blogging wise: The Little Plum and Grace F Victory. The are both such positive and approachable bloggers that keep it real. They are both incredibly inclusive and sharing their experiences and tips which I feel is so incredible for established bloggers. They motivate me to become the better version of me and I hope one do to be like them.
Daily life: My mum, she raised me and my sister on her own and has gone through a lot of hardships. However she has remained a believer in me no matter what, don’t get me wrong. If I am in the wrong and made mistakes she will tell me and be honest but she always keeps me going when I get overwhelmed by everything.
- What Is At The Top Of Your Bucket List?
To travel the world a little bit at a time. I would love to broaden my horizons.
- What Would You Tell Your Younger Self?
It will get better.
You will go through what seems like hell.
If you are not careful you will develop a self-destructive streak that will not only hurt others but yourself.
- What Show Are You Currently Watching On Netflix?
Going through a massive Gossip Girl binge watch. I know I am very behind! This is because when folk go on and on about how amazing something is, it just makes me not want to watch it! Period. Out of sheer stubbornness. Although there have been a few exceptions like GOT, Power, Riverdale etc.
- 10.Whats The Best Piece Of Advice You Have Ever Received?
Just be yourself.
- If Your Life Was A Book What Would The Title Be?
Organised Chaos. Ahaha I am pretty all over the place most of the time!
Now time for MY questions to my lovelies:
- What is your favourite post you have written and why?
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
- if you could decribe yourself in three words what would they be and why?
- What has been your biggest accomplishment in the blogsphere?
- What is your blogs ethos?
- What would be your dream job and why?
- If you could change anything about yourself would you?
- Who would love to collaborate with?
- If you could pick any time era to be born in which one would you choose and why?
- What does your name mean to you?
- What is your favourite song and why?
Hope you enjoyed my post about the Sunshine Blogger Awards and will get back to my fashion orientated posts next week!